Downsizing Assistance from Tippet Richardson
Moving home does not have to mean tossing out items you have owned and treasured for years. Instead, it requires pre-planning, teamwork, and the right set of tools. Everything might not go from your current residence to the next one. That’s inevitable. You can store the items you rarely use in our storage facility and access them when you need them again.
The team at Tippet Richardson know what you are going through. The kids have grown up and moved out, and you are officially in the empty nest category. Let us help you downsize without the headaches and stress. Whether you need us for moving, storage, or a little bit of both, our team can help.
5 Tips for Efficient and Stress-Free Downsizing
Whether you are reducing the size of your home by a few hundred square feet or plunging a few thousand, here are some tips for making the process an easy one:
- Give Yourself Enough Time: You have been in your larger home for a few years now, so you need time to pack everything up. Give yourself an extra week (or two) to go through everything.
- Categorizing the Purge: When you go through items, see what you can discard, donate, or items you want in the new home. For seasonal collections, consider boxing them up and putting them into storage.
- Keep it in the Family: While you might be downsizing, that does not mean you have to give away everything to strangers. See what you can give to family members. Keepsakes from childhood can be given to your now adult children. Furniture, antiques, and heirlooms might have a home in another family member’s house. You can keep them in the family. If you need to transport items to family members outside of your new home’s location, Tippet Richardson can help. Our relocation experts can arrange to relocate these family treasures and deliver them to your loved one’s door or have them pick up from our climate-controlled warehouse.
- Measure Your New Space: Avoid unnecessary clutter at your new home by measuring room sizes and your furniture. A few items you should measure include beds, couches, dining room tables, and dressers.
- Storage: Once you have donated the items you no longer need, you may require storage space for what is left. Tippet Richardson has 24-hour secure climate-controlled storage. We can arrange to pick up your storage boxes or furniture from your home and transport it to our storage facility.
Let Tippet Richardson Make Downsizing Easy
No matter how far across the country your move might take you, or how much you need to store, the team at Tippet Richardson can help. We want you to relax and look forward to retirement in your new home. That is why we offer our trusted movers, quality storage units and our downsizing program.
We help you through all stages of downsizing and deliver peace of mind. Yes, moving day can be exciting!
Call Tippet Richardson at 416-292-4555 or toll-free at 1-800-718-7664 and see how we can simplify your move.