Tips from the Professionals at Tippet Richardson
Are you getting ready to start a new life abroad? An international move is no simple task. A relocation of this scale requires months of planning and preparation and you may encounter certain challenges along the way. As you begin getting ready for your move, save yourself from undue stress by researching international moving tips online in addition to contacting a professional mover for advice.
Get help from the international moving experts at Tippet Richardson. We have the knowledge and experience to make the process an entirely manageable one. Whatever your reasons are for moving, whether it is for love, work or even just personal growth, relocating overseas offers increased possibilities you may not otherwise have in your home country. Choose from our wide range of international moving services that suit your needs and budget and get you one step closer to achieving your life goals.
Tips for a Successful International Move
With a little research and help from the professionals, you can ensure that your international move goes as smoothly as possible. No matter where you are moving to or how long you plan on living abroad, here are a few important tips to consider during the planning process:
- Save Your Money: Moving anywhere is a costly endeavour. Costs for an international move can include your visa application, plane tickets, housing, international shipments, emergencies and other miscellaneous expenses. When moving abroad, it is best to have at least six months’ worth of savings at the minimum. Doing your best to save money and planning a monthly budget before your move can help you tremendously once you arrive at your destination.
- Prepare Your Documents: International moves require a lot of paperwork. One of the first tasks you should do is apply for a passport if you don’t already have one. If you have a passport, make sure that it is up-to-date so that you can apply for a visa. Your international movers can also help you identify any additional requirements. After you collect your documents, save a backup copy in case of an emergency.
- Update Service Providers: Make sure to notify your service providers of any changes before your move to a new location. Notices should be given to your bank, healthcare and insurance providers. If your providers cannot offer continued services while you’re away, you have enough time to research and transfer to a different service company in the country that you are moving to.
- Organize Your Packing Tasks: Packing can be an enormous and tedious task. While it requires careful planning and preparation, organizing your packing tasks can help you focus on the best way to handle your personal items. Learn how to pack correctly for a move from a moving professional or use our services to get the job done right the first time.
- Work with International Movers: While family and friends may be keen to help out during your move, it may not be enough. Moving to a different country is a highly intricate job that requires the help of a professional who can guide you through the details.
Contact Tippet Richardson for International Moving Services
Tippet Richardson will be there with you at every stage of your international move. While relocating abroad is an exciting prospect, it takes a significant amount of planning and a reliable moving partner to make it all happen successfully. Our highly trained moving specialists can help address any questions you may have and guide you through the complexities of documentation and customs information. In addition, your move manager can also provide you with relevant information pertaining to the country you are moving to. Our international moving services include household goods packing, shipping, delivery and unpacking. For more information on our comprehensive relocation package, click here.
Call Tippet Richardson at 416-292-4555 or toll-free at 1-800-718-7664 to learn more about our local moving and relocation services, records management, downsizing assistance, and storage rental options. You can also contact us online for a free estimate.